Friday, January 13, 2012

Susie's New Years Visit--Hanging out at the Flat

We were delighted to host Susie and James and Nora and Colin for a few days. Our little flat was bursting at the seams with activity (and laundry).





Colin enjoyed the toys we had borrowed for the visit. He loves trains and liked seeing the trains and buses around here.


So cute!

Nora and I had a good time making sugar cookies. She enthusiastically used the little rolling pin I had bought for her, then carefully added sprinkles and frosting.


The results were popular with the family even if they were round. I couldn't locate any cookie cutters so we made do with what was in the kitchen.



Colin and Nora slept in our livingroom, which meant we had to go to bed too.

One afternoon we took them to the pier and walked around in the rain. We were soon cold and wet so a stop at a restaurant for fish and chips seemed like a good option. James had been wanting to have real English Fish and chips and this was his chance.

We assured them that we do have sunshine and it's not always cold and miserable. But dark, cold and wet is what they will remember, I'm afraid. ;-)

1 comment:

Chris said...

I love the picture of Nora rolling out the dough. She looks so delighted to be baking cookies with you :)

Post a Comment