Saturday, August 4, 2012

Our New Digs

After two weeks in a temporary place, we are now living in a sub-let flat closer to town. The father of one of the branch members is spending a few months in Egypt and agreed to let us live in his flat. (for a price)


We were warned about the traffic noise. This would be a good place for a speed trap because they really zip along.


14 Kings Court
Ville au Roi
St. Peter Port
Guernsey
GY1 1NZ
(in case you want to write to us)


Notice the lovely box end table


Flat screen TV with satellite service!


It really lights up too.


Believe it or not we eat in the hallway!


Bill demonstrates the evil step. I swear it's going to kill us.


The kitchen is modern with lots of storage.


The first day I started to heat up some left-overs, then realized there is no microwave oven. That's the first thing we'll buy.


We've been spoiled by having 2 bedroom flats. We'll have to get by with only one.

In front we have a patio area. We had to leave plants behind in Brighton; now we have more than ever. Yea!


Bill couldn't wait to clean up the sidewalk.


Yesterday I went visiting teaching to an older sister who cut some flowers from her garden for me. Sweet!











2 comments:

annettetparrett said...

What a nice place! I am glad you can finally be there :)

Elizabeth said...

You've become accustomed to kitchens over there! I saw the first picture of the kitchen and thought, "Wow, it's small!" Then I read your caption about lots of storage and looked again - it is bigger than other kitchens you've had on your mission. And it makes me a little ashamed for worrying about space in our remodeled kitchen - there's more than enough! I also love that Bill was out tidying the sidewalk - you both have an amazing work ethic. Heard you had a great Skype conversation with John, Annette & kids today :)

Post a Comment