Saturday, September 8, 2012

Branch Picnic at Saumarez Park

The weather cooperated so we had a lovely day in Saumarez Park. It's pronounced something like "Sam-ray" and it's the largest public park in Guernsey.




There was a pot of Portuguese stew with mostly recognizable ingredients. I was glad I brought a ham sandwich!

Aren't you a little big for that, Elder?


Our only Young Woman helps with the games.


The "Gruesome Twosome"


The Wise Man Built His House Upon a Rock.....
...The rains came down and the floods came up

Our Primary Colors
"yellow is for service from morn until night"

We played some other games including one where we threw a ball to people in the circle. The receiver had to say the name of the one who threw the ball. The first time around my mind went blank and Bill had to whisper "Shirley!"











1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That's quite a public park! It's beautiful! Just to remind you, Carl Miller & Legacy Park are the best we have to offer here (I love them both) :) This looks like such a fun outing.

Post a Comment