Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Our Last Days in Guernsey

We are almost through packing suitcases and bidding farewell. We hate to leave our friends here, but home is calling us relentlessly.


As it turns out, this was our last hike in Guernsey. The red flag wasn't flying so we were good to go.


What a surprise to find an ammo can!


A huge mushroom



Yet another fort to be explored. No, we didn't see all of them.



We will miss the beautiful scenery like this. And the ever-changing tides.


We will not miss bumping elbows while eating at this tiny table.


Our last time feeding the elders. We elected to take them to one of our favorite cafes since I'm burned out from feeding them every week.


The taxi ready to take us to church.


The Guernsey Branch. We were missing 3 adults and 3 young children today.


Saying goodbye is hard!


Yesterday Elder E. left for a new assignment. In his place we now have Elder Kopischke from Germany.


We had a fun Family Home Evening at one of the sister's homes. After one of the elders gave a spiritual thought on gratitude, we played a fun game called "I went to town and I bought..." Each person in turn names an object after repeating what all the previous ones had said. Then some goodies in the kitchen. The elders had brought a couple of investigators who had a good time.






1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Out of habit, I checked your blog tonight - thrilled to find one more post! Actually, I'd love to see one more with pictures and thoughts from your trip home. I heard it was long. This was a great post - there are beautiful locations in England. But you have beautiful family here who are so glad to have you home! Chris said he saw you for a minute at church today and that you were both glowing :)

Post a Comment